Friday, November 18, 2005

Manga and artists...




I'm going to be taking a small break from anime writing just to comment on some manga I've been reading lately. They've all been awesome, some a little better than others.

Whistle! By Daisuke Higuchi
This is a manga about Sho Kazamatsuri, a boy who loves soccer more than anything else. He used to play in an elite soccer school called Musashinomori, but transferred to Josui Junior High because he wasn't good enough to be a soccer starter. The manga joins him and a bunch of people he meets as he trains to become the best soccer player there ever was.

The Big O- By an artist I can't remember right now
The main character is Roger Smith. He's a hero, but not a butt-whooping hero, more of a negotiator. He negotiates between villains and the city he lives in that clings onto their memories. But when times get tough, he says "Big O, show time!" and a giant robot, or MegaDeus, comes to his aid.

The Prince of Tennis- By Takashi Konomi
As the name suggests, it's a managa about a boy who excels at tennis, and is nicknamed the Prince of Tennis. He's a genius player who inherited his tennis skills from his father. From what I've read so far, he dominates almost everyone he faces, and will always be able to learn something new. His name is Ryoma Echizen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home